This two-year course aims to provide students with:
- practical skills in the use of IT applications, hardware, software and computer networks
- one or more national training qualifications
- an opportunity to achieve the international computing qualification – Cisco IT Essentials
Acquiring these skills will enhance students’ employment opportunities and pathways to further education.
Students can also complete further nationally recognized qualifications such as the Diploma in IT Networking
and industry qualifications in Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and CCNA Security.
On successful completion of this course students will achieve:
Certificates in IT at level III
Partial Completion: 12 out of 17 units for VET in Schools (VETis)
Full Completion: Full 17 units for a full Certificate
Students will be eligible to gain credit towards National Training qualifications such as those listed above. Results can be claimed towards a Tertiary Entrance Score if necessary where applicable; that is, when a second assessment option is selected.
TAFE, Higher Education and/or employment in the Computer Industry.
Students can progress into Certificate IV in IT Networking, Diploma in IT and/or the Cisco CCNA program or VMWare.
Possible employment as a Network Administrator or entry into further education including computer systems, engineering and telecommunications.
Why Certificate III in Information, Digital Media & Technology at Ringwood Training
- Outstanding facilities including 2 dedicated rooms with Cisco laboratory sub-network with two router labs, 27 modern computers
- Blended learning delivery 24/7 online course access
- Powerful production network with Cisco backbone
- Fully qualified staff members
- Web access to the curriculum
- Easy access via public transport
Days & Venue:
The course will be delivered over two years at Ringwood Training on:
Wednesday 1.30pm to 5.00pm
- An aptitude for computer technology and networking
- Problem solving skills
Choosing your VCE:
There are no specific VCE study requirements for this program.
Assessment tasks include module practical exams.
How to Apply:
Students need to complete an application form available from the VET coordinator at their home school or directly from Ringwood Training or www.rt.vic.edu.au.
For further information, contact: