Engineering Studies will suit students who are looking for a pathway into engineering industries and/or students who want to include a “hands-on”, practical, applied learning study that contributes to their VCE or VCAL program.
RT Ringwood Training/Ringwood SC is the RTO (Registered Training Organisation), offering pathways to further training at Ringwood Training for SBATs (School-based Traineeships) and Certificate III Apprenticeships.
Engineering Studies aims to:
- Provide pre-employment training and pathways into the engineering industry
- Provide students with engineering skills e.g. basic machining, fabrication, welding & use of tools
- Provide experience in, and knowledge of, a range of occupations at engineering trade level
- Enable students to make more informed choices in the selection of career paths
- Enable students to gain a recognised credential and credits for further training.
- Nationally accredited course – 22470VIC Certificate II Engineering Studies
- VCAL: credits in the Industry Specific Skills Strand and structured work placement in Work Related Skills Strand.
Applicable to Foundation, Intermediate and Senior VCAL
- VCE: credit in up to 4 units over 2 years: 2 Units at Unit 1&2 level, and a Unit 3&4 sequence
- ATAR and Study Score: Students may receive an ATAR contribution for the Unit 3&4 sequence of VCE VET Engineering Studies by undertaking scored assessment to achieve a study score. The study score can contribute directly to the primary four or as a fifth or sixth study. Scored assessment consists of three coursework tasks and an end of year examination.
Career and Employment Opportunities:
- 22470VIC Certificate II Engineering Studies provides skills that are necessary for a work-based engineering apprenticeship that leads into a range of engineering tradesperson careers within the engineering and manufacturing industry. Occupations include roles for the conception, design, manufacture, assembly, installation, repair, replacement, packaging and sales of a wide range of products.
- SBAT (School-based Apprenticeship or Traineeship): MEM20105 Certificate II in Engineering. Ringwood Training delivers the training.
- Apprenticeship: MEM30305 Certificate III Engineering Fabrication Trade. Ringwood Training is the RTO that delivers the training.
- Other TAFE, Private Provider and Higher Education programs.
Why Engineering with RT?
- Employment opportunities
- Exceptional, custom-built workshop facilities, equipment and resources
- Strong links with employers, local industry and education and training sector
- Links with local VET Clusters including Eastland and Mullum VET Clusters
- Industry trained staff
- Easy access via public transport – Ringwood and Ringwood East Railway Stations
- RT Ringwood Training as an RTO (Registered Training Organisation) delivers Cert II and Cert III training.
Days & Venue:
- Course will be delivered over two years at Ringwood Training, located at Ringwood SC, 3 Hill St, Ringwood East
- First Year VCE/VET Units 1 & 2, Wednesday 12noon – 4.30PM
- Second Year VCE/VET Units 3 & 4, Wednesday 2.30 – 7.00PM
- Other times by arrangement.
|VCE VET Units 1 & 2 22470VIC Certificate II Engineering Studies|
|Unit Code||Unit Total||Hours|
|MEM13014A||Apply principles of OH&S in the work environment||10|
|VU22329||Report on a range of sectors in manufacturing engineering and related industries||30|
|VU22330||Select and interpret drawings and prepare three dimensional (3D) sketches and drawings||20|
|MEM18001C||Use hand tools||20|
|MEM18002B||Use power tools/ hand held operations||20|
|VU22331||Perform basic machining processes||40|
|VU22332||Apply basic fabrication techniques||40|
|VU22336||Perform metal fabrication operations||60|
|VCE VET Units 3 & 4 22470VIC Certificate II Engineering Studies|
|Unit Code||Unit Total||Hours|
|MEMPE006A||Undertake a basic engineering project||80|
|VU22333||Perform intermediate engineering computations||40|
|VU22337||Perform basic welding and thermal cutting processes to fabricate engineering structures||60|
Includes Home School VET Coordinator recommendation.
How to Apply:
Complete an Application Form available from the VET Coordinator at home school or directly from Ringwood Training or online from www.rt.vic.edu.au/. VET Clusters including Mullum and IMVC also have application processes to be completed.