This two-year course aims to provide students with:
- practical skills in the construction and maintenance of computer networks
- access to an international qualification – Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- access to nationally recognized VET Qualifications
Acquiring these skills will enhance students’ employment opportunities and pathways to further education.
On successful completion of this course students will achieve:
Cisco CCNA qualification and a partial 22263VIC Certificate IV in Integrated Technologies.
Students who complete either half or the full Cisco Networking Academy program (that is one year or two years) will be eligible to gain credit towards national training qualifications such as those listed above. These results can be claimed towards a tertiary entrance score if necessary where applicable.
TAFE, Higher Education and/or employment in the Computer Industry.
Students can progress into the CCNA Security or CCNP programs.
Possible employment as a Network Administrator or entry into further education including computer systems, engineering and telecommunications.
Why Cisco at Ringwood Training?
- Outstanding facilities including 2 dedicated rooms with Cisco laboratory sub-network with two router labs, 27 modern computers.
- Blended learning delivery 24/7 online course access
- Powerful production network with Cisco backbone
- Fully qualified staff members
- Web access to the curriculum
- Flexible classroom and online delivery
- Easy access via public transport
Days & Venue:
The course will be delivered over two years at Ringwood Training on:
Wednesday 1:30pm to 5:00pm
- An aptitude for computer technology and networking.
- Problem solving skills.
- There are no specific VCE study requirements for this program.
|Course Outline||Cisco Certificate IV in Integrated Technologies|
|Units of Competence||1st YEAR|
|Equivalent in Cisco Networking Academy Program|
|VU21561||Build a simple network and establish end to end connectivity|
|VU21562||Configure and troubleshoot network switches and routers|
|VU21557||Install and configure a home or small office networks|
|Units of Competence||2nd YEAR|
|VU21563||Scale an existing network|
|VU21564||Establish connectivity to a wide area network (WAN)|
|VU21581||Build a small wireless LAN|
Students must achieve an average of 80% for their final mark to pass. Assessment tasks include module practical’s and a final theory exam. Module and theory exams are done online as multiple choice and three attempts are permitted.
How to Apply:
Students need to complete an application form available from the VET coordinator at their home school or directly from Ringwood Training or www.rt.vic.edu.au.
For further information, contact us